Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Salt-water Crocodile or Tea for Two


Gday! This greeting is apparently expected of Aussies, as we inhabitants of the Great Southern Land are called by those of you who live...not in Australia...but in the wide wonderful world. Oh, nothing wrong with living in or being an Australian, far from it; except of course when we were being ruled over by the former, Liberal, Prime Minister, John Howard. A bit embarrasing then I'm afraid. Let's face it, anyone who identified themselves so closely with and regarded George W. Bush as a friend can only be an embarrasment - shrub, my friends and I called him... George, not John.

So, leaving John and George to their mutual admirations, let us proceed with the next inslallment of the Art of Gondwana...post a picture I mean.

The Salt-water Crocodile is the second full page illustration in the above "Bilby" children's picture book. The first was of the same Bilby wrapped with string around his head and rather large ears, but, at the present, one Bilby picture is quite enough to be getting on with I think...Don't you?

The subtitle I'll leave for you to work out...oh all right! Here's a hint. Who is looking at whom? That should give it away I should think.

Hope you like the image...a bit of fun for me when I was doing it, little knowing that this was just the beginning of my more and more reluctant foray into the depiction of Australian wild life.

Cheers. RWS

No comments:

Post a Comment